1/21/2009

Hola amigos!



Hubby and I are currently exploring the life of a part-time expat in a tropical paradise, in the little beach town called Sosúa on the north-coast of the Dominican Republic. For the time being we live half the year in the Dominican Republic and half the year in Finland. This is the third year we are doing this. A few years ago we made the decision to make our dream come true and jump off the rat-race. Since then life has become much more interesting than ever before...

Living in the Dominican Republic has turned out to be somewhat more adventurous than the very organised living in our home country. There are lots of new things to learn and ways to adapt to every day. Having to constantly learn new things keeps you alert.

2 comments:

  1. Glad I found your blog. I lived in Puerto Plata for a while in 2004. Now I live in Sweden but I'm from the UK. Can't be too many places that contrast more than the DR and Finland can there?!

    I assume you escape the winter and are in DR October - March or something ?

    I kind of missed the seasons when I was living in Puerto Plata.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Taina. I'm glad someone reads my blog and also comments on it. Unfortunately I haven't updated it in a long time because I am in Finland. I will return to Sosua soon and hope to find new things to blog about.

    ReplyDelete