3/21/2009

A dear friend

Ronaldo today
Some years ago I became friends with a little boy in Bergantin, whose name is Ronaldo. A lovely little boy. He is from a poor Haitian family. The mother had left the family and he was living with his father and brothers and sisters. Since then the villages in Bergantin and Boca Nueva have been wiped out by the Dominican government and the people have been forced to move to Montellano. I haven't seen the little boy since then, although I have been thinking about him many times and wondered what happened to him and his family. On Saturday I ran into him at Sosua beach. I was more than happy to see him again, and to see that he is doing well. Since I last saw him, he has grown a lot. He is now 13 years old.


Ronaldo a few years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment